Surgically Clean Air
My Hollywood Smile takes great care of our clients and our team members’ health, we don’t take any chances. We know that it is worth the extra investment to get the best equipment on the market, and the Surgically Clean Air System is the best there is Standard air systems have simple filters that can take a lot of debris out of the air, but their filters tend to be too simple to catch the various types of airborne dangers, such as the coronavirus, and they often don’t have nearly enough power to properly circulate clean air throughout the entire office, sometimes creating a pocket of clean air in an otherwise contaminated space. While this might suffice for some, it falls short of our standards.
The Surgically Clean Air System is a surgical grade air cleaning system, equipped with a six stage filtration process that is designed to grab all harmful particles, big and small, and is powerful enough to completely filter out all of the air in our treatment rooms every five minutes. And it does more than just filter these pollutants, germs and other toxins – it destroys them. It’s safe to say it’s the cleanest air you’ll ever breath.
To learn more about the technology used in the Jade Surgically Clean Air Filtration system you can watch the video below:
Primary risk factors
The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research cites the five most common contributors to oral cancers as:
Infection with the sexually transmitted human papillomavirus (specifically the HPV 16 type) has been linked to a subset of oral cancers at any age.
- Tobacco and alcohol use. Most cases of oral cancer are linked to cigarette smoking, heavy alcohol use, or the use of both tobacco and alcohol together. Using tobacco plus alcohol poses a much greater risk than using either substance alone.
- Infection with the sexually transmitted human papillomavirus (specifically the HPV 16 type) has been linked to a subset of oral cancers at any age.
- Risk increases with age. Oral cancer most often occurs in people over the age of 40.
- Cancer of the lip can be caused by sun exposure.
- A diet low in fruits and vegetables may play a role in oral cancer development.
Dental hygienists are trained to see or feel the precursor tissue changes or the actual cancer while it is still at a very early stage.4 Oral-health providers can emphasize awareness of frequent, normal tissue changes in the mouth.
Patients need to be aware of any changes that they notice or feel in their mouths and to inform dental hygienists if they notice something that is not healing or lasting longer than a two-week period.5 It is critical to know how to conduct the intraoral and extraoral examinations thoroughly, what early cancerous lesions may look like, and what the next steps are when a suspicious lesion is located.
What our patients have to say about us: